From: Michael McNamara (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 14:07:21 PDT
Meeting called to order 8:35 May 5th, 2003
A aaaaaaaaa Anders Nordstrom <email@example.com>
A a-a---aaa Clifford E. Cummings <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A aaaaaaaaa Dennis Marsa <email@example.com>
- -------aa Erich Marchner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A aaaaaa-aa Gordon Vreugdenhil <email@example.com>
A aaaaaaaaa James A. Markevitch <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A aaaaaa-aa Karen Pieper <email@example.com>
A aaaaaaaaa Michael McNamara <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A aaaaaa-aa Steven Sharp <email@example.com>
A aaaaaa-a- Charles Dawson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A aaaaaaaa- Shalom Bresticker <Shalom.Bresticker@motorola.com>
A -aaaaaaa- Stefen Boyd <email@example.com>
- aaaaa-aa- Stuart Sutherland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- ---a--aa- Tom Fitzpatrick <email@example.com>
- --------a Peter Flake <firstname.lastname@example.org>
A aaa----aa Brad Pierce <email@example.com>
- -a------- Mehdi Mohtashemi
A aa------- Kurt Baty
A --------- firstname.lastname@example.org
PAR approved by IEEE, available at
Shalom reported on conversation with Andy Ickowitz (our IEEE editor):
First, the IEEE made an attempt at fixing these, and deleted 62 pages!
In any case, they agree that we can fix code lines, footnote numbering
style, fix incorrect cross references, we will make the table of
contents as we desire (mostly three, sometime two, or one), index we
will do, index can now use page numbers, some corrections from A to B
we can do correctly, we can fix any typographical, and we can even fix
errors in code samples.
And finally, we will make the PDF, which they will print.
Shalom will prepare a list of issue numbers, which he is implementing;
people can suggest additional, or suggest removing some.
Approval of the minutes of the last meeting:
Anders amended the minutes, to correct email addresses; Cliff moved
for acceptance as amended, Anders seconds, Sharp abstains, minutes
Verilog-AMS: Sharp, Shalom contacting analog people to become part of
1364; perhaps incorporate some into the language, some as a Analog
Mixed Signal 1364.2 standard. Cadence, National, Motorola, Texas
Instruments. Differential equations, connect modules, arrays of
parameters, Some changes are rather adhoc. New type called wreal
(real wire). New math function added. Call for participation of
AMS in 1364. Goal is to make superset langauge that encapsulates
BTF report: Steve Sharp
Standard voting procedures? informal vote in task force; at the VSG.
Still figuring out a good time to meet.
IEEE 1364-2005: first step, form requirements document. Cliff/Kurt &
Anders will get together and for a list of things for Verilog-005, for
presentation at the IEEE BOF at DAC. Charles will feed in issues from
PLI. The team will start from items that were considered, but did not
make it into '95. The team will present the working document at the
IEEE 1364 meeting which is tenatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 3rd,
from 1 to 3pm, in the Anahiem Hilton (adjacent to the convention
How about Verilog-AMS? Kurt - I'd like there to be a single superset
language that accepts all subsets (Verilog-AMS, 1364, et cetera). Math
should be the same; and syntax accepted. Need to unify Verilog-AMS and
2001's methods for access to bits of hierarchial references. Steve &
Gordan & Shalom will try to find a AMS person to join BTF.
Then at 9:40 am the committee proceeded to review ETF items up for
Key: O: 'Opposed' A: 'Abstain' F: 'Favor'
Issue 140 Fails
Against: James, Kurt, Krishna, Karen, Brad, (5)
Abstain: Anders, Cliff, Stefen, Charles (4)
For: Steve, Shalom, Dennis, Gordon, (4)
Issue 142 O: none A: Steve Sharp. Passes
Issue 145 O: none A: none. Passes
Issue 146 O: none A: none. Passes
Issue 148 O: none A: none. Passes
Issue 149 O: none A: none. Passes
Issue 150 O: none A: none. Passes
Issue 151 O: none A: none. Passes
Issue 153 Passes O: Cliff A: Steve, James, Krishna.
F: Brad, Shalom Gordon, Karen, stefen, kurt, dennis.
Issue 154 O: none A: none. Passes
Ammend. remove extra or
8:30 of 27th of May, next VSG meeting
VSG meeting ended at 10:30; next meeting is May 27th, at 9:00 am.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4
: Wed May 07 2003 - 14:12:58 PDT
sponsored by Boyd Technology, Inc.