From: Steven J. Dovich (email@example.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 10:44:17 PST
Minutes of Encryption group meeting, 19-Jan-2005 (1600 UTC)
Steven J. Dovich, Chair (Cadence)
Andrew Vanvick (Pragmatic-C)
Saverio Fazzari (Cadence)
Steve McMaster (Synopsys)
Steven calls meeting to order.
The distributed agenda was agreed to with no objections and no
Steven reviewed the IEEE patent policy.
The minutes of the previous meeting (05-Jan-2005) were approved with
4.[a-c]) Change noted in agenda was agreed to be editorial.
4.d) Action assigned (018) to resolve comments.
4.e) Resolve by removing "that has not already been closed"
from para 3 of 28.0
4.f) Tools must be able to "ignore" encryption directives
if not performing encryption. Encryption support within a
tool is not a conformance requirement. Decryption support
within a tool is a conformance requirement if the specified
encryption algorithm is one of the mandatory set.
4.g) Change noted in agenda was agreed to be editorial.
4.h) Defer to future revision unless required editorially.
4.[i-j]) Change noted in agenda was agreed to be editorial.
Meeting adjourned at 1620 UTC. The next meeting is scheduled for
02-Feb-2005 at the regular time.
Open Action Items:
001) Steven Dovich to coordinate with Larry Disenhof (EDAC)
006) Steven Dovich to draft patent policy note for clarifying
011) David Smith to provide text to describe security
considerations in licensing mechanisms for encrypted data.
012) Steven Dovich to provide a better description of purpose
for the decrypt_license keyword.
017) Steven Dovich to revise draft based on reviewers comments
and consensus solutions. (completed)
018) Steven Dovich to update example to remove 4.d confict,
committee to review pragma expressions text for possible
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4
: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 10:59:59 PST
sponsored by Boyd Technology, Inc.