From: Charles Dawson (email@example.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 14:48:57 PST
I just noticed that we have an open action item on one
of the things we passed on monday:
- Francoise to write a new proposal for PTF 398,
eliminating bit selects and using the "whose parent is an
This was not reflected in the proposal we passed. I think
we should review why we chose to add this action item and
so should not pass this PTF item yet.
Charles Dawson wrote:
> Charles Dawson
> Steve Dovich
> Stu Sutherland
> Tapati Basu
> Jim Garnett
> 1. Reviewed minutes from last meeting (2/9/2004):
> Jim Garnett was at the last meeting, and this was not
> reflected in the minutes. Accepted as modified.
> 2. Reviewed Patent information.
> Discussed the issue of comparing products vs the specification
> that occurred in the VSG meeting.
> 3. Liaisons:
> - Stu reported on the BTF meeting earlier in the day.
> Nothing related to PTF work of note.
> - Steve reported on the Encryption sub-committee to BTF.
> No progress made in this committee.
> 4. Discussed new business:
> - PTF 341.
> Chas asked VSG to send this back to PTF after there
> were a few more issues found by Chas and Shalom.
> Discussed minor issues and Chas made a friendly
> amendment to include the following in the set of
> proposed changes:
> Make the following changes to section 26.6.3:
> - Rename the memory solid enclosure as reg array
> - Label the one to many transition from scope to
> memory with vpiMemory
> Make the following changes to section 26.6.19:
> - Remove the memory solid enclosure in the unnamed
> dotted enclosure accessed via vpiArgument
> Modify the change to annex G from:
> - Add immediately after vpiModPathHasIfNone (line 482):
> #define vpiIsMemory 73 /* A reg MDA is a memory */
> - Add immediately after vpiIndexedPartSelectType:
> #define vpiIsMemory 73 /* TRUE for a one dimensional reg array */
> - PTF 366
> Stu sent out new wording. PASSED
> 5. Reviewed old business:
> - Tapati to determine if callbacks described in PTF 312 have
> been implemented in VCS.
> Tapati reported that VCS does not have these implemented yet,
> but that the two new callbacks were a good idea.
> - Tapati to review proposal for PTF 516.
> Tapati reported that her review of this proposal found no
> problems. Stu made a friendly amendment to change "will" to
> "shall". PASSED as amended.
> 6. Reviewed PTF items with proposals:
> - PTF 512.
> Discussed. Chas sent out new wording.
> PASSED as amended.
> - PTF 398.
> Should we handle genvar? Later, with generates proposal.
> Meeting ended at 5:10pm.
> 7. Action items:
> - Chas/Stu to enter Stu's PTF items into database.
> - Steve to compare BNF with the access available
> for attributes to see if they match
> - Chas to write up new proposal for PTF 120.
> - Francoise to talk with the IEEE editor about UML.
> - Francoise to remove "+" from tags in UML diagrams and
> add vpi prefix where appropriate.
> - Francoise to send out HTML for 1364-2001 diagrams, using
> something other than JPG for importing diagrams into frame.
> - Stu to write proposal for PTF 368.
> - Francoise to write proposals for PTF 373, 374, and 396.
> - Steve to write proposals for PTF 286, 311, and 495.
> - Tapati to write proposals for PTF 307, 312, and 313.
> - Francoise to write a new proposal for PTF 398,
> eliminating bit selects and using the "whose parent is an
> array" terminology.
> - All to review Generates proposal from ETF committee.
> - Stu to review proposal for PTF 342.
-- Charles Dawson Senior Member of Consulting Staff - Project Lead NC-Verilog Team Cadence Design Systems, Inc. 270 Billerica Road Chelmsford, MA 01824 (978) 262 - 6273 firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4
: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 14:33:58 PST
sponsored by Boyd Technology, Inc.