From: Charles Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 14:33:33 PST
1. Reviewed minutes from last meeting (3/8/2004):
2. Reviewed Patent information.
Stu asked that the link be added to the minutes.
Here it is.
and click on patent policy.
Nothing to report for any other meetings.
4. Discussed new business:
- PTF 398
Reviewed Francoise's last proposal. Chas suggested moving
the last sentence to be the first, and then modifying sentence
one to reflect this change. Stu and Francoise agreed. Chas
did not like the vpiIsArray property because it was overkill
for most of the objects on which it applied. Francoise
suggested adding vpi_handle_by_multi_index() to the diagrams
like we do vpi_get_value(). This suggestion was accepted.
What do we do if there are too many or not enough indices
supplied? Error for now, but when we have access to slices
this will have to change. Should vpi_handle_by_multi_index()
give you back a bit select? Yes, for when there are multiple
indices on both sides. Francoise to try another proposal.
- Save/restart/reset question from Shalom.
Mentioned in 27.33.3 but is informative. We should split this
into two sections, one that is normative and one that is
informative. Reset callbacks are missing in this section.
Should be there. Constants are normative, so this is not
a critical issue. Stu thinks that if a simulator behaves in
an optional way, then the VPI should behave in a non optional
way. Should have a cross reference to annex C. Stu to write
a new PTF issue and put in a proposed solution.
Generate proposal. Stu voted no because it lacked a section
dealing with VPI. Did they not follow their own checklist?
We will have additional work in the PTF to deal with generates.
Meeting ended at 5:10pm.
5. Reviewed old business:
6. Reviewed PTF items with proposals:
7. Action items:
- Chas/Stu to enter Stu's PTF items into database.
- Steve to compare BNF with the access available
for attributes to see if they match
- Chas to write up new proposal for PTF 120.
- Francoise to remove "+" from tags in UML diagrams and
add vpi prefix where appropriate.
- Francoise to send out HTML for 1364-2001 diagrams, using
something other than JPG for importing diagrams into frame.
- Stu to write proposal for PTF 368.
- Francoise to write proposals for PTF 373, 374, and 396.
- Steve to write proposals for PTF 286, 311, and 495.
- Tapati to write proposals for PTF 307, 312, and 313.
- Francoise to write a new proposal for PTF 398.
- All to review Generates proposal from ETF committee.
- Stu to review proposal for PTF 342.
- Chas to try out example in PTF 329.
- Francoise, et all to review BTF generates proposal
for the upcoming vote, with particular emphasis on
how we will address generates in VPI.
- Stu to enter new PTF item for save/restart/reset issue.
-- Charles Dawson Senior Member of Consulting Staff - Project Lead NC-Verilog Team Cadence Design Systems, Inc. 270 Billerica Road Chelmsford, MA 01824 (978) 262 - 6273 email@example.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4
: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 14:16:48 PST
sponsored by Boyd Technology, Inc.