From: Charles Dawson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 11:01:25 PDT
1. Reviewed Patent information.
and click on patent policy.
2. Reviewed minutes from last meeting (6/28/2004):
- Francoise reported on BTF and how we should participate in the 1800.
We need to have a way of continuing to get PLI related errata and
enhancements through IEEE 1800.
The errata may need to be fixed to resolve IEEE 1800 VPI issues, since
that is dependent on the 1364 sections.
Francoise moves that we request a sub-task force under 1800 that will
be charged with making proposals to resolve 1364 PLI errata in the
eventuality that the PARS gets approved by NESCOM. Steve second.
PASSED. Chas will pass request on to the IEEE 1800 committee.
- Steve reported that the encryption committee has made progress and that
they may have something for the PTF by september. Organizational issues
may adversely effect the schedule.
4. Discussed new business:
- Tapati had several questions about PTF 512 and whether or not you can put
a value before the next scheduled event while at ROsync. Tapati will
put a new PTF item in for this.
- Francoise thinks we need a new PTF item for vpi_control() and $finish.
Should this be true for vpi_control(vpiFinish) and/or tf_dofinish()
Same with vpi_control(vpiStop). Is there a concept of normal end of
simulation done by $finish, vs other ways of finishing, such as vpi_control()?
Stu would hope not. It is not clear if the simulation ends because of
a lack of events... should this call the callback routine for reason
- Francoise noted that there is no description in the 27.33.3 section that
talks about cbStartOfReset and cbEndOfReset. These are in the vpi_user.h
file. This may also require changes in vpi_control(). Steve et all noted
that reset is partially in informative sections as well as normative
sections of the specification. Francoise will take an action to file
one or more PTF item(s) that deals with this.
Meeting ended at 5:00pm.
5. Reviewed old business:
6. Reviewed PTF items with proposals:
7. Action items:
- Chas/Stu to enter Stu's PTF items into database.
- Steve to compare BNF with the access available
for attributes to see if they match
- Chas to write up new proposal for PTF 120.
- Francoise to remove "+" from tags in UML diagrams and
add vpi prefix where appropriate.
- Francoise to send out HTML for 1364-2001 diagrams, using
something other than JPG for importing diagrams into frame.
- Stu to write proposal for PTF 368.
- Francoise to write proposals for PTF 373, 374, and 396.
- Steve to write proposals for PTF 311, and 495.
- Tapati to write proposals for PTF 307, 312, and 313.
- All to review Generates proposal from ETF committee.
- Francoise, et all to review BTF generates proposal
for the upcoming vote, with particular emphasis on
how we will address generates in VPI.
- Stu to enter new PTF item for save/restart/reset issue.
- Jim to write proposals for PTF 517, 518, 533, and 534.
- Chas to write proposal for PTF 296.
- Stu to write an addition to the proposal for PTF 342.
This will cover that PLI 1.0 was deprecated in section 20
and include some of the stuff currently in section 21
(like the descriptions for the checktf and calltf).
- Chas to fix and try out example in PTF 329.
- Francoise to lookup wording for PTF 524 in VHPI.
- Tapati to research the use of the index field in the
callback structure for the case of MDAs.
- Chas to get Jim onto PTF email alias.
- JimV to try to rework proposal for PTF 530 to address other
issues we found in 26.6.17.
- Chas to add errata item for 26.6.15 (has similar problems
- Jim will make a proposal for a correcting the diagram for issue 530
- Francoise will open a new PTF issue to look for situations like 25.6.15,
where multiple methods are used access the same object enclosure
- Jim will write a response to Shalom explaining how
vpiConstType is used differently in different situations for PTF 562.
- Chas to reword proposal for PTF 525.
- Draft a straw man proposal using a clean slate with no concern for
existing PLI/VPI on the best way to represent all Verilog and
SystemVerilog kinds and types. This straw man will then be used as a
basis for discussing backward compatibility with the existing reg, net,
variables, functions, and parameter diagrams. It may be decided that
full backward compatibility is not possible, or is not the best approach
- Chas to request the equivalent of the PTF be setup in IEEE 1800 WG.
- Tapati will file a PTF item for the clarification of what can be done
at ROsync time and putting values in future times.
- Francoise to file PTF item on vpi_control() issue.
- Francoise to file PTF item(s) for reset issues.
-- Charles Dawson Senior Engineering Manager NC-Verilog Team Cadence Design Systems, Inc. 270 Billerica Road Chelmsford, MA 01824 (978) 262 - 6273 email@example.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4
: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 10:57:14 PDT
sponsored by Boyd Technology, Inc.